Monday, July 4, 2011

Be Still

I sit in silence as my son sleeps off what seems to have been a migraine.  I prayed for him and rejected anything less than the truth that he is healed and requesting God give him rest and relief from pain.  There was the temptation to grow worried and to continuously pray over him to relieve the pain.  I soon heard the words "Be still & know I am God."  So I was still and he soon fell asleep.  As a mother it is hard to be still, but from my recent experiences in God's presence, I was able to comprehend the statement of "know I am God" in such a deeper more trusting level.  It is as though that one thought reassures me that every concern, every prayer, every request of relief of pain and healing is already done - it's been heard and He's in control.  I am to trust that if I must move I will move, if I must speak I will speak.... all lead by God simply because he wants me to be still; make no decisions, ask no questions but know with confidence He knows whats going on.
© 2011 by Christina Valdez. All rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment